Monday, August 2, 2010

Design Tip of the Week (8.2.10): Master Suite Retreat

As I am currently in the process of designing my master suite retreat of my new home, I looked towards Jen, my partner in design, as inspiration for my room. See Jen's amazing design board she created for P4D (and for our other inspirational design boards check out our portfolio here).



So playing with mixing earthly and divine, I'm building my room around the concept of opulant beachy. My pallette, greys, light blues, whites, black, with a punch of red coral for color. So the first thing I got was my bed. Silver grey, double nail head studded, square headboard...fabulousness.



With a grey/blue on the walls and lots of white to be brought in (bedding, curtains, etc), I plan on pairing with black furniture, such as these oversized end tables from Crate and Barrel (the Avery Bombay Chest)-



So here are my bedroom accessories to balance a natural elegant look. I'm into beachy, so all of my natural elements will be beach inspired.

Cloud Quilt from Pottery Barn will bring in the crisp white look that I want in the room. (White curtains will complement the bedding).


Eva Colored Glass Table Lamp from Pottery Barn in clear.


Eco-friendly pillows from Nautical Luxaries
Sea Fan Accent Pillow

Sand Dollar Accent Pillow


Sea Urchin Vases from Seaside Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...